Dress and Grooming Guidelines
Standardized Dress Code
Dressing appropriately reflects the desire of Grace Christian Academy to hold our students to a Christ-honoring standard of excellence. The school administration reserves the right to make “modifications” to the dress standard for special occasions. Students will be expected to adhere to the guidelines as outlined below.
Grace Christian Academy Dress Standards
All students in grades K-8 are required to wear an authorized GCA shirt Monday – Friday. Uniforms (royal blue polo & khaki bottoms) are to be worn on Friday for Chapel, field trips, ACSI Meets and special school events. All GCA shirts may be ordered from the GCA website (GCA GEAR SHOP – CLICK HERE).
Monday through Thursday
GCA Spirit shirt, GCA embroidered logo t-shirt or GCA polo shirt
GCA blue polo shirt and khaki bottoms (skort, shorts, or pants)
Any purchased GCA logo sweatshirt/hoodie or any solid color sweatshirt, sweater, or hoodie (preferably in school colors) free of images and designs. Students must wear a GCA logo shirt underneath outerwear.
On Monday through Thursday, students can wear any appropriate shorts, pants, or skirts On Friday, students must wear Khaki bottoms (skort, shorts, or pants)
- Pants and shorts must have a waistband with a zipper and closure (no athletic wear, sweats, leggings, or jeggings allowed)
- All bottoms need to be free of rips/holes
- Grades 5-8 shorts and skorts must have a six-inch inseam
- All skirts and dresses must be mid-thigh or longer (Even when shorts or tights are worn underneath)
- Girls in grades K-4 are encouraged to wear shorts under dresses, jumpers, and skirts
Note: Proper dress is expected at all school related events. (i.e. – music concerts, sporting events, graduation)
- Needs to be kept neat
- Hair cannot obstruct vision or be a safety issue
- Extreme styles and coloring are not allowed
- Shoes designed for laces must be laced properly.
- Backless shoes may not be worn.
- Shoes with any type of wheel are not permitted
- Students in Grades K-5 may not wear makeup of any kind.
- Girls in Grades 6-8 may wear makeup with modesty.
- Chains may not be worn by students, with the exception of necklaces and bracelets.
- Hats may not be worn in the classroom. (Hats may be worn outdoors for sun protection during recess and P.E.)
Body piercing & tattoos:
- Tattoos and Body Piercing (other than the piercing of girl’s ears) are not allowed.
Any student in violation of the dress standard will be referred to the GCA school office. A student may be asked to wear clothing provided by the health coordinators office or parents will be called to bring proper attire. The decisions of appropriateness will be determined by administration or designee. Clothing checked out from the school office must be cleaned and returned the following day.
Parents should consult administration if they have questions regarding the dress code. The school administration reserves the right to make “modifications” to the dress standard at any time.
8th Grade Graduation Attire:
Ladies shoulders must be covered. Strapless or spaghetti strap dress may be worn provided they wear a shrug or sweater over the dress. No cleavage is to be showing. Ladies dress or skirt length must be mid-thigh or longer and heels may not exceed 3 inches.
Gentlemen must wear dress slacks and dress shirt. Ties are not required but encouraged.
Dress Code Violations
- 1st occurrence: Verbal warning and email home
- 2nd occurrence: Call home and parent will need to bring proper uniform
- 3rd occurrence: Call home, parent will need to bring proper uniform and lunch detention